How to Make Pineapple Jelly
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup refined sugar
- 1% pectin, optional
- Weigh rareripe pineapple. Wash it thoroughly in tap water.
- Soak in chlorinated water (200 ppm) for 10 minutes to reduce microbial load. Drain.
- Peel the rareripe fruits and remove the eyes.
- Wash and mash the fruit thoroughly.
- Strain the juice through cheesecloth or in a muslin bag to remove the pulp.
- Add sugar to the juice. Dissolve sugar fully (1:0.75). Strain to remove impurities. If necessary, add pectin. Blend fully to dissolve.
- Cook until the temperature reaches 107 to 109°C or until a soft ball is formed when the jelly is dropped in a cup of water.
- Pour in sterilized dry glass jar.
- Seal, label and store in a cool dry place.