How to Make Nata de Piña – II
- Glacial acetic acid
- Sugar starter
- Mash 1 kg peeled pineapple with 12 liters water.
- Add 600 grams sugar. Boil.
- Strain in cheesecloth. Cool.
- Add 340 mL glacial acetic acid.
- Add 2 liters starter or mother liquor.
- Mix in one container.
- Transfer into sterilized wide-mouth container.
- Cover with clean paper or cheesecloth and tie around.
- Store in an area where it is not disturbed.
- Ferment/let it grow for 10 to 14 days.
- De-acetify by washing in several changes of water.
- Slice/dice nata.
- Bleach under the sun with water.
- Change water every 4 hours or boil in several changes of water.