- 1 kg grated coconut
- 1 kg pulot-ipot (molasses)
- 1/2 kg corn syrup
- Potassium metabisulfite
- Kitchen scale
- Wooden spoon or ladle
- Wooden mold
- Stainless steel knife
Packaging Material: Cellophane and PE bags (0.003 in. thickness) or tin containers
- Dissolve corn syrup in a small amount of water in a carajay over low flame.
- Add pulot-ipot previously strained thru cheesecloth to remove impurities and other extraneous materials.
- Add potassium metabisulfite previously dissolved in a small amount of water.
- Boil mixture to 115°C (239°F) with occasional stirring.
- Add grated coconut and cook to desired end point, i.e., when the mixture no longer sticks to the sides of the carajay when scooped out.
- Spread on a wooden mold.
- Cool and cut into desired pieces.
- Wrap individually in cellophane and place in polyethylene bags.
- Store in tin containers.
source: mis.dost.gov.ph, picture from www.pinoyrecipe.net