- 6 medium-sized tilapia
- 1 big coconut, grated
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 ginger, crushed
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 large pechay leaves or mustard leaves
- 6 medium-sized ripe tomatoes
- 2 table spoon salt
- 1 tsp MSG
- Clean tilapia very well and cut diagonally on both sides of the fish. Set aside.
- Extract the coconut twice in enough amount of water and divide the milk into containers.
- Combine tilapia, crushed garlic, crushed ginger, finely sliced onion, finely sliced tomatoes, salt and MSG.
- Mix these well with the other half of the coconut milk.
- Wrap one whole tilapia together with the mixture in two pechay leaves and place in a cooking vessel until all are well arranged in it.
- Lastly, pour the other half of the coconut milk and let it boil for 15 minutes or until done. Seasoned with patis.
For more information, contact:
TRC at TLRC Building
#103 J. Abad Santos cor. Lopez Jaena Sts.,
Little Baguio, San Juan, Metro Manila
Tel: (02) 727-6205