Like most of other freshwater fish, tilapia are made into daing (salted and dried).
- Split tilapia along the backbone into butterfly fillets.
- Remove gills and internal organs and wash thoroughly.
- Drain, then immerse fish in brine solution (3 parts water, 1 part salt) for 3 minutes to 1 hour depending upon the size of the fish.
- Dry under the sun for 1 to 2 days and store in a cool and dry place. Small tilapia can be dried with the gills ad viscera.
- Dried tilapia may be process into fish meal by mechanical grinding.
For more information, contact:
TRC at TLRC Building
#103 J. Abad Santos cor. Lopez Jaena Sts.,
Little Baguio, San Juan, Metro Manila
Tel: (02) 727-6205