The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) launched the Small Enterprise Technology Upgrading Program (SET-UP) in response to the President’s call for more focused programs of assistance for small and medium enterprises (SMEs). SET-UP is a nationwide strategy to encourage and assist SMEs to adopt technological innovations to improve their operations and thus boost their productivity and competitiveness. The program enables firms to address their technical problems through technology transfer and technological interventions to improve productivity through better product quality, human resources development, cost minimization and waste management, and other operation related activities.
SET-UP aims to promote countrywide development by upgrading productivity of SMEs through technology application/upgrading. The strategy is to focus the interventions to 5 industry sectors, namely: Food Processing; Furniture; Fashion Accessories, Gifts-Toys-House wares; and Marine, Aquatic Resources and Horticulture; rationalize the implementation of such programs in the regions by consolidating the components of existing programs being implemented in the regions and have the Regional Offices manage and/or implement these programs.
What benefits can the participants get from the Program?
The beneficiaries shall be able to:
- Address current problems
- Get free technical advice from the consultants
- Avail of technical training courses for workers/employees
- Acquire new equipment to mechanize and/or improve production line through venture funds
- Standardize and improve the quality of products
- Be competitive
Who may Apply?
- Any company or individual firm that is based in the Philippines and wholly owned by Filipinos citizens.
- Any small and medium scale business firm that can be classified under the identified priority sectors.
- Individual firm that is willing to apply technological improvements in their existing operations.
How to Apply?
- Send a letter of interest to avail of the SET-UP assistance together with the requirements to the DOST Regional Director’s Office where the company is based.
- Identify current problems, improvements, and potential technological interventions needed.
- If the project is found viable, the DOST Regional Office endorses it to the National Program Management Office for evaluation and final approval.
What documents must be submitted?
- Full-blown project proposal
- Technical Aspect
- Marketing Aspect
- Management/Administrative Aspect
- Financial Aspect
- Waste Disposal
- Copy of business permit and licenses (LGU)
- Certificate of Registration of Business Name with DTI, SEC or CDA
- Board resolution authorizing the borrowing and designating authorized signatories for the financial assistance (if applicable)
- Endorsement of the Regional Director
View SETUP website