- 800g Duck meat, ground
- 200g Duck fat or pork backfat, ground
- 1 tbsp Salt, refined
- 1/2 tsp Curing salt (94% salt, 6% nitrite)
- 1 tsp Phosphate
- 1/4 cup Water
- 10 tbsp Sugar, refined
- 1/2 tbsp Black pepper, ground
- 2 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp Pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp Anisado wine
- 1/2 tsp MSG
- Food color as desired
- Select good quality raw materials.
- Grind meat and fat.
- Measure and weigh all the ingredients separating curing ingredients and seasonings.
- Mix the curing ingredients with the meat until well blended.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cure either at room temperature for 8-10 hours or at refrigerator temperature for 1-2 days.
- Wrap in paperlyne each piece (weighing about 40g) or weigh ½ kg of meat mixture and divide into 12 pcs.
- Pack in polyethylene bags.
- Store in freezer (2-4 months).
source: Bureau of Animal Industry – Animal Products Development Center (BAI-APDC)