- 1/4 tsp Refined salt, iodized
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 can Liver spread
- 1 cup Chilled water
- 1/3 cup Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced finely
- 1 tsp Annatto powder
- 1 pc Onion, chopped
- 1/8 tsp Ground black pepper
- Place liver spread in a bowl. Add water, vinegar, sugar, salt and bread crumbs. Combine well.
- Heat cooking oil in a sauce pan. Add garlic and saute until light brown.
- Remove from the hot oil and set aside for garnishing.
- Add annatto powder and combine with hot oil.
- Add onions and saute until transparent. Add liver mixture. Bring to a boil.
- Stir mixture until it thickens. Lower heat and simmer, while stirring for another 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- For commercial purpose, uniform weights of dressed chicken should be procured for costing purposes (1.2-1.3kgs)
- Wash dressed chicken very well before marination.
For meat processing ingredients and training, contact:
Spices & Foodmix House
Nutrition Foundation of the Philippines Bldg.
107 E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Quezon City
Tel: (02) 411-1349, 742-0826/7866
Email: [email protected]
source: Ms. Lulu Rivera of UEC, DTI-PTTC