RA-7900 – Incentives on Planting High-Value Crops

High value crops command a high price both on local market and overseas. They are in such demand that farmers should consider and encourage to grow these crops. The following text is an excerpt from RA-7900: High-Value Crops Development Act of 1995.

“..SEC. 4. Definition of Terms.. High-value crops (HVC)” – these are crops other than traditional crops which include, but are not limited to: coffee and cacao, fruit crops (citrus, cashew, guyabano, papaya, mango, pineapple, strawberry, jackfruit, rambutan, durian, mangosteen, guava, lanzones, and watermelon), root crops (potato and ubi), vegetable crops (asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, celery, carrots, cauliflower, radish, tomato, bell pepper, and patola), legumes, pole sitao (snap beans and garden pea), spices and condiments (black pepper, garlic, ginger, and onion), and cutflower and ornamental foliage plants (chrysanthemum, gladiolus, anthuriums, orchids, and statice)…”

“..SEC. 8. High-Value Crops Development Fund (HVCDF).  For the purpose of providing the funding requirements of the production, marketing, and processing of high-value crops, and the establishment of low-cost credit to qualified project proponents, there is hereby created a High-Value Crops Development Fund (HVCDF), with an initial amount of One billion pesos (P1,000,000,000). That sixty percent (60%) of the HVCDF shall be utilized for direct lending to high-value crop producers while the remaining forty percent (40%) shall be allocated by the Department of Agriculture to guarantee loans granted by private financial institutions toward high-value crop production through existing guarantee institutions..”

SEC. 9. Incentives.  The proponents of the program shall be entitled to the following incentives:

  • Crop insurance
  • Credit assistance
  • Credit Guarantee
  • Grace period on lease of government lands payments
  • Tax exemption
  • Technical and infrastructure support
  • Post harvest facilities
  • Good seeds and planting materials
  • Fiscal incentives

Read the full text at www.chanrobles.com/republicactno7900.htm

For inquiries:

Department of Agriculture
Elliptical Road, Diliman, Quezon City
Tel: (02) 928-8741 to 45
Email: [email protected]
Website: www.da.gov.ph

photo from neda.gov.ph

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.