Recipe #1 Ingredients:
- 1 kilo pork pigue, sliced thinly to make 2 pieces (tapa style)
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1-1/3 tsp. iodized salt
- 2 tsp. praque powder (for 1/8 tsp. salitre)
- 200 grams pork fat, sliced into 8 strips
- 1 can (439 grams) pineapple chunks, drained (reserve syrup)
- 1 can (35 cl) pineapple juice
Combine sugar, salt and praque powder or salitre. Rub mixture on pork. Spread pork and alternately arrange slices of pork fat and pineapple chunks until all ingredients are used up. Roll and tie firmly with crocheting thread.
Combine dripping from pork, pineapple chunks syrup and pineapple juice then marinate meat overnight. Simmer meat in marinade for 1 hour. Remove thread from meat then chill if desired for ease of cutting. Continue simmering the marinade for 5 minutes or until thick and serve as sauce. Let cool before slicing the meat then arrange in a platter.
Recipe #2 Ingredients:
- 1 ½ kgs pork top round and cut into 1 whole sheet about ½ inch thick
- 1 can 1.36-liter pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsps dark soy sauce
- 1 kg hotdogs
- 4 hard boiled eggs, quartered lengthwise
- Marinate pork sheets in marinade mixture for 2 days inside the fridge. Turn once in a while.
- Spread pork sheet and arrange hotdogs and hard boiled eggs in one end. Roll from that end and tie with strings sealing the stuffings. Dust with flour.
- Lightly fry the rolls on all sides.
- Bring to a boil the marinade and add the pork rolls. Add more pineapple juice if the liquid dries up. Simmer for 3 hours.
To serve: Remove strings from the rolls. Slice. Strain the remaining liquid and use as sauce.
sources: foodbuzz.com, everlasting06.blogspot.com, photo from kitchenartworks.blogspot.com