- 2 tsp yeast (rapid rise yeast)
- 1/4 cup fresh milk (lukewarm)
- 1 tsp sugar
Dissolve yeast in lukewarm milk, add sugar and mix thoroughly until sugar is dissolved then leave it for 10 minutes.
Making of Dough:
- 1 cup Bread flour (for sprinkle)
- 35 gram Flour
- 40 gram Corn flour
- 100 gram Sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cup Lukewarm water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 90 gram Butter
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs
- Mix in bowl the flour, corn flour, sugar, lukewarm water, salt, and butter. Add rising mixture and mix thoroughly.
- On a smooth and level table, knead all ingredients until smooth. Mold the kneaded flour into round shape and put in bowl. Cover with moist cloth and leave dough to rise within an hour.
- Place dough again on table and cut in 4 parts using the dough slicer. Roll each piece until it becomes cylindrical in shape. Cut dough diagonally (the cut dough will become a piece of pandesal).
- Roll cut dough in breadcrumbs and arrange in baking tray with wax paper. Leave it to rise for 10-15 minutes (make sure you leave enough space in between cut).
- Pre-heat oven at 350°F for 10 minutes. Put tray with dough inside oven and bake for 20 minutes or until pandesal is slightly toasted.
source: www.da.gov.ph, photo from thefreshloaf.com