Stock of Saturated Salt Solution (SSSS):
- 2 cup Salt
- 8 cup Water
- 5 cup Boiled water
Pumping Injecting Solution:
- 1 cup SSSS
- 1/2 cup Boiled water
- 2 tsp Prague powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar (white)
- 1 tsp Ham spice
- 1/2 tablet Ascorbic acid (250 mg)
- 6 cup SSSS
- 4 cup Boiled water
- 2 cup Salt
- 1 tsp Prague powder
- 8 tbsp Sugar (brown)
- 1 1/2 cup Pineapple juice
- 1 cup Water
- 1 pc Cloves
- 3/4 cup Beer
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 pcs Bay leaves
- mixing bowl chopping board
- casserole tray
- measuring cup turner/blow torch
- measuring spoon carajay
- syringe weighing scale
- knife stove
- Prepare the injecting solution.
- Inject the solution into the lean portion of the chicken, and massage slightly.
- Pour the Pickling Solution ingredients. Submerge the carcass into the mixture.
- Cure for 2 days at room temperature, or 5 days under refrigeration.
- Wash off excess salt several times and drain. Parboil it in casserole for 2 minutes and discard the cooking water.
- Cook in Cooking Mixture Solution ingredients until tender.
- Drain and rub with brown sugar, then bake in the oven at 232°C (450°F) until golden brown.
For more information:
Industrial Technology Development Institute
DOST Compound, Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City
Tel. Nos.: (632) 837-2071 to 82 locs. 2182, 2218, 2180