- 1 kilo calamansi
- refined white sugar
- stainless steel strainer
- stainless steel bowls
- stainless steel knives
- plastic chopping board
- thermometer (dial type)
- stainless steel casserole
- measuring cups
- LPG with stove
- stainless steel ladle
Packaging Materials: sterilized bottles/jars
- Slice calamansi at its topmost part. Avoid injuring the seeds to prevent bitter taste of the product.
- Squeeze. Strain juice using cheesecloth.
- Measure/weigh the juice. Heat calamansi juice for 1 minute at 70°-80°C. Set aside.
- Prepare syrup, 1 part sugar in ½ part water or 1:0.5 based on the weight of the juice. Boil syrup (108°C or 226°F).
- Strain syrup.
- Cool syrup to 80°C then add calamansi juice. Mix.
- Pour the mixture in sterilized bottles. Seal thoroughly.
- Process in boiling water for 5 minutes at 70-80°C.
- After processing, cool at room temperature. Label and store.