What is contract growing?
Simply put, you rear the chicks. Vitarich harvests the flock and markets the chickens.
If you think about it, contract growing is easier to manage than any other poultry or livestock venture. They take care of the feeds, chicks, and technical services. They even take care of marketing. Better still, you need little initial capital because they shoulder the cost of feeds and chicks. This is exactly the kind of business small- and medium-scale entrepreneurs are looking for.
How does it work?
Vitarich provide you with everything you need to start your own business and make it succeed. They provide the day-old-chicks (DOCs), feed support, vaccines, technical services, and other services.
You take care of the housing; labor; power, light, and water; equipment; medication; and other miscellaneous expenses. Once the chickens are grown, you profit by the kilo. They harvest the flock and sell the chickens.
Why work with Vitarich?
First of all, they guarantee the quality and performance of their chicks.
Vitarich uses the world-renowned Cobb broiler chicks. Cobb broiler chicks are superior to other chicks because:
- they have a good initial body weight;
- they have an excellent growth rate which means,
- they develop stronger immunity faster than other chicks,
- they have a lower mortality rate, and
- their cost of brooding is lower;
- they produce customer-preferred round, double-breasted meaty broilers with short big legs.
From hatchery to delivery, their chicks undergo the strictest quality control. After hatching, the chicks are placed in specially designed plastic crates and are then immediately delivered to your farm. When the chicks arrive, technical personnel will be with you as you break open the Quality Control Seal to inspect and count the chicks. They’re so confident about their Cobb chicks, that you’re entitled to reject chicks that are apparently weak due to transport or other factors such as poor climate.
Second, they provide the best support possible.
Vitarich provide the best in technical support.
The technical group is composed of highly qualified farm-trained specialists, each of whom is equipped with everything they need to help you with your needs. These specialists will be with you from the time you think about signing up and all throughout the contract growing process.
Here’s what they’ll do for you:
- Assess the feasibility of the project; Assist you with farm lay-out, poultry building design and construction, and other details that have a direct impact on general flock health and management; Provide you with regular in-plant training sessions for new growers as well as refresher courses for experienced growers; Conduct seminars on the latest advancements in the poultry industry and sponsor drug orientation courses in coordination with veterinary drug companies;
- Be there to help you before and during the delivery of chicks;Give helpful tips on proper brooding management and ensure the most suitable conditions for chicks acceptance; Conduct regular farm visits to supervise DOC placements, assist you during brooding, deliver AHP and supervise hauling; evaluate flock performance in terms of mortality, feed consumption, weight gain, etc.;
- Provide vaccines and assist you and/or supervise your workers for proper vaccination techniques and procedures; Formulate a biosecurity program most suited for your farm including vaccination schedules, medication plans, quarantine procedures, disinfection and sanitation practices;
- Evaluate the farmâ€™s performance after harvest and discuss with you possible improvements for better and more profitable operations.
The technical support group is even prepared to assist you with accounting, recording, and administrative procedures.
Vitarich also provide logistics support.
Working in close coordination with the Technical Support Group is their Logistics and Support Group which is based in Marilao. Logistics and Support will handle the processing of your application; coordinate prompt feed and chick deliveries; expedite the release of your checks; and take care of hauling finished broilers from your farm to Vitarichâ€™s Dressing Plant.
To support both groups, other Departments within Vitarich are always prepared to help. In short, Vitarich has a very efficient and effective contract support system based on its long years of experience and service.
Third, you never have to worry about marketing.
Vitarich handles the marketing of your finished broilers. So you never have to worry about fluctuations in chicken prices, or competing with other meat products, or where and how to sell your broilers. They take care of all that and, in the process, save you marketing-related expenses.
Contact the following integrators DIRECTLY for immediate response:
MacArthur Highway, Abangan Sur, Marilao, Bulacan
PLDT : (632) 843-3033
Digitel: (6344) 711-2829
For Luzon based would be growers, particularly North and Central Luzon here are the contact numbers of most of the integrators in the Philippine broiler industry:
- San Miguel Foods, San Fernando, Pampanga – (045) 9617647, 9615401 loc. 2463
- Bounty Fresh Foods [Tyson], Caloocan – (02) 3660616
- Foster Foods, Pasig – (02) 6361627
- RFM Foods [Swifts], Mandaluyong – (02) 6318101
- Danway, Pampanga – (045) 8820377