- 1 cup condensed milk
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Combine all the ingredients for the yema and cook until the mixture is thick.
- Set aside and cool.
- Roll into balls of about 1 inch in diameter.
- Prepare the syrup: blend all the ingredients for the syrup.
- Bring to a boil until syrup is caramel-colored.
- Insert a toothpick into the yema ball and dip into the syrup.
- Cool on greased baking pan.