How to Make Vinegar from Squash
- Wash the core and peelings, add three parts water for every part of the core and peelings.
- Boil for 15 minutes. Strain.
- Add 1-1/4 cup sugar for every 4 cups of liquid mixture.
- Boil again for 20 minutes.
- Transfer into a container, add 1 tsp. yeast.
- Allow to ferment for 7 days until it reaches an alcohol content of 8%.
- Decant the alcohol solution slowly so as to separate the precipitate from the alcohol solution.
- Add 1 cup vinegar starter for every 4 cups of the alcoholic solution.
- Allow to ferment for 15-20 days. Acidity of the solution is 6-7% as compared to commercial brands of 4%.