Vinegar is known as a good ingredient for health, but banana vinegar is much better because banana is a fruit rich in dietary fiber and vitamins. It is also rich in potassium, that plays in the reducing the risk of high blood pressure and stroke, increasing strength and reducing stress
- One part peeled ripe bananas (25 pieces, medium-sized), two parts water and 1/4 part sugar
- Wash ripe bananas. Peel and cut into pieces.
- Add water and boil for five minutes. Cool then strain
- Add sugar and heat again. Cool again.
- Pour into suitable containers.
- Add one-teaspoon yeast for every kilo of fruit used.
- Plug mouth of container with a piece of paper to protect it from dust
- Ferment to two to three weeks
- Siphon out clear, fermented liquid into a sterilized container.
- Add 100 cc of mother liquor to every kilo of fruit used.
- Plug mouth of container with cotton and cover it with clean paper.
- Ferment for one to two months.
- Pasteurize at 70 °C for 20 minutes.