For every kilo of banana peels (cavendish or saba), add:
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cups ammonium sulfite
- vinegar starter (or very strong vinegar)
- bakers yeast
- Boil the peelings in 4 cups water.
- Remove the water, filter in muslin cloth.
- Add the ammonium sulfite and sugar. Cool.
- Add a pinch of bakers yeast.
- Allow to ferment for 8 days. Its alcohol content will be 9%-10%.
- Add a cup of vinegar starter and set the mixture aside.
- Allow to ferment for 27 days. At this time, its alcohol content will be about 4%-6%.
- Allow the mixtures to ferment further in bottles.