How to Make Vegetable Jam
- Boil the eggplant, peel then mash.
- Add 1-½ cups refined sugar to ¾ cups mashed eggplant. Put vanilla flavoring and one tbsp. kalamansi juice for every cup of eggplant puree.
- Add food color just to retain the color of eggplant.
- Cook for 30 minutes until right consistency of jam (when it can be scooped out) is attained.
- Hot-pack in bottles. Cool and store.
- Peel the sayote slice into thin strips.
- Peel rare ripe pineapple, remove eyes and chop finely. Crush the fruit (pina in cans can be used as substitute for fresh ones).
- Mix one part of sliced sayote to one part crushed pineapple.
- Add ¾ cups refined sugar for every cup of mixture, 1-½ tsp. kalamansi juice for every 4 cups of sayote-pina mixture, and stir thoroughly.
- Boil in a kettle with constant stirring until the mixture is thick.
- Hot-pack in bottles and seal immediately.