This is an extra quality jam that is prepared with less sugar than normal. Because it has less sugar, the jam must be stored in a refrigerator after opening, or consumed within a few days.
- 6kg peeled fruit
- 3kg sugar
- 50ml lemon juice
- Sort the fruit, discard any unripe, over-ripe or damaged fruit.
- Wash in clean water and leave to drain.
- Peel with a stainless steel knife and cut into halves or quarters depending on the size of the fruit. Place the pieces in a large stainless steel cooking pan.
- Cook on a low heat, stirring continually with a wooden spoon to prevent the jam from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn up the heat and cook for a further 15 minutes, stirring continually.
- Add 1kg sugar and dissolve rapidly. Cook for 30 minutes. Add 50ml lemon juice.
- Add the remaining 2kg of sugar, dissolve rapidly and boil for 15-20 minutes until the product reaches setting point.
- Remove from the heat, cool to about 85°C and pour into clean, sterilized jars.
- Cover with clean sterile lids, cool to room temperature and label.
For more information, contact:
BLTD Technology Resource Center
2nd Flr. Jacinta 2 Bldg., EDSA, Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati City
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: (02) 822-5087;
Truckline: (632) 822-54-18 loc. 207, 204 & 201