In summer, tomatoes abound. Thus, it is good to preserve them for future use especially when they are not in season. One of the ways of preserving them is by making candy.
- Ripe, red tomatoes with thick flesh
- White sugar
- Wash, blanch in hot water and peel.
- Slice crosswise in the middle, remove seeds.
- Add sugar in the same volume as tomatoes and leave overnight.
- Boil in low fire until the tomatoes become clear.
- Drain the syrup.
- Spread the candy on a tray and dry under the sun or in an oven (cabinet dryer) until almost dry.
- Roll over white sugar and dry again until crispy.
- Wrap each in cellophane or place in plastic bags or jars.