- Fresh bangus
- Sawdust (kusot na pino)
- Plastic sealer
- Measuring cup
- Chopping board
- In a basin with water, dissolve salt. Nine part water, 1 part salt. Salt solution should be enough to cover all the fish. Set aside.
- Clean the fish thoroughly.
- Split fish on the dorsal side starting from the tail to the head by running the edge of the knife along the backbone.
- Lay fish open like butterfly fillet. Remove gills and internal organs. Wash fish to remove blood and dirt.
- Remove all bones and spines.
- Marinade the fish in the salt solution for 2 minutes.
- Arrange on tray. Sun dry for 30 minutes or until the skin is already dry.
- Make a fire inside the drum. Put sawdust to make a thick smoke. Put the try on drum and start smoking until the fish color turned golden brown. If the smoke is too much, 15 minutes is enough.
- Remove the tray from drum. Let it dry. Put in plastic bags and seal using the plastic sealer.
- Store in freezer.