How to Make Tamarind Candy
- Ripe tamarind 100 pcs
- Peel whole ripe tamarind and arrange well in a deep enamel basin.
- Prepare syrup by using one part and one part water. Pour syrup while hot to cover tamarind.
- Allow tamarind to soak in one day.
- Drain off syrup and cover with freshly prepared syrup made of two parts sugar and one part water.
- Soak for two to three days.
- Continuously change the syrup until the tamarind becomes sweet enough.
- Carefully arrange sweetened tamarind in racks and dry.
- Cover screen wire to keep off insects.
- Finish the drying in an oven or solar drier at low temperature.
- Wrap individually.
source: DOST-Region X