- 5 kg Green matured banana (saba variety)
- 1 kg Sugar (refined)
- 1 L Water
- 6 L Oil
- Knife (stainless)
- Chopping board
- Absorbent paper
- Banana slicer
- Measuring cup
- Plastic sealer
- Basin/mixing bowl
- Thermometer (100 – 250°C)
- Weighing scale
Packaging Materiaks : PE/PP bags
- Prepare 50% sugar solution. Mix 1 kg sugar in 1 L water until it dissolves. You may heat the solution to ease in dissolving and then cool. Set aside.
- Wash and soak bananas in chlorinated water (100 ppm) for 10 minutes.
- Peel and slice thinly (0.05 – 1 mm) green, mature bananas. Apply oil to the slicer to ease in slicing.
- Wash sliced banana chips to prevent sticking during frying.
- Put slices in wire mesh and fry in cooking oil at high temperature (150 – 175°C) until light brown or when bubbling ceases (approximately 3 minutes). Remove from cooking oil (first fried).
- Soak in sugar solution for 2-3 minutes and then drain.
- Fry again the sweetened slices in cooking oil until golden brown or when bubbling slows.
- Drain and cool in trays lined with absorbent paper.
- Separate sticked chips.
- Pack in large, clean glass bottles, large cans or PE plastic bags.