KALCOSUMAN (Squash Suman)
- ½ cup malagkit rice
- 2 cups grated squash
- 1 ½ cups ordinary rice
- 1/3 cup latik
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (second extraction)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- banana leaves
- Soak overnight: rice and malagkit and grind on the following day.
- Soak the ground rice and malagkit in coconut milk until soft.
- Add the sugar and squash.
- Cook over low fire, constantly stirring until thick. Cool.
- Prepare the leaves for wrapping by heating over low fire. Brush the leaves with butter.
- Put two tablespoonful of the mixture in every wrap, put latik on top of each before closing.
- Tie with string and cook for half an hour in a double boiler container.