Raw materials: Silinyasi, Tunsoy, Lapad or Tamban
- Knives, Basin
- Carajay (a frying pan with a rounded bottom like a Wok or a Kawali)
- Remove gills and make a 0.5 cm slit on the soft belly to remove the internal organs. Wash fish thoroughly to remove the blood, slime and dirt. Drain the fish.
- Soak fish of 10 to 14 cm for 20 minutes while those of 4.5 cm for 5 minutes at a brine solution of 1 part salt to 3 parts water.
- Prepare brine solution (1 part salt to 9 parts water. Place in a carajay and let boil. Drop fish into brine and cook at least 3 minutes. Processing time of each species are as follows:
- Silinyasi – 1.3 to 1.5 minutes
- Tunsoy and Lapad – 2.5 to 3 minutes
- Tamban – 3 to 4.5 minutes
- Sun dry the processed fish for 30 to 46 minutes to remove excess moisture and to stiffen the body.
- Smoked processed fish for for 1-2 hours or until golden brown in color.
- Cool and pack the finished product in plastic bag.
For ingredients, training and seminars, contact:
Pinoy Fishmart Multi-Purpose Cooperative
2/F PCA Annex Bldg., Commonwealth Ave.
Diliman, Quezon City
Tel: (02) 929-3118, Fax: (02) 929-7018
Email: [email protected], [email protected]
source: Pinoy Fishmart