Ingredients and Materials:
- Smoking tray
- Smoke house
- Guava leaves
- Sawdust from hardwood peeling
- Remove gills and internal organs and fish thoroughly.
- Soak fish for 30 min. in concentrated brine solution (1:3 ratio) where 1 part salt .is dissolved in 3 parts water.
- Arrange fish in colander.
- Dip colander with fish in boiling water for 2-3 min.
- Remove fish in the boiling water and drain. Arrange in drying/smoking trays and dry under the sun for 30 min. each side.
- Smoke for 2 hours or until golden brown.