- Bangus (whole)
- Brine solution (composed of 267.03 grams of salt per liter of water)
- Smoking trays
- Wash milkfish, remove gills and viscera. Wash well then drain.
- Debone the milkfish.
- Soak in saturated brine solution for 60 to 120 minutes depending on the size of the fish.
- Precook in boiling 10 percent brine solution for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dry surface until pellicle is formed
- Arrange in smoking trays and expose tc smoke for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Smoke until golden brown
- Cool then pack in containers
Click image to enlarge
source: Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Training Institute, photo from www.pinoyexchange.com