Meat material :
- 1kg. Pork lean, ground finely (700 gms)
- Pork backfat, ground finely (300 gms)
- In 1/2 cup water add 1/4 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP).
- Hydrate for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 Tbsp Isolate and 1/2 tsp Carageenan
- 1 Tbsp – Salt, refined
- 1/2 tsp – Curing salt
- 1 tsp – Phosphate, dissolve in 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp – Vitamin C powder
- 3/4 cup – Sugar, refined
- 2 Tbsp – Garlic, chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp – Anisado wine
- 1/4 cup- Pineapple juice
- 1/2 tsp – Vetsin (MSG)
- 1 tsp – Food color dissolve in 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp – Meat enhancer
- 1 tsp – Paprika powder
- 1/2 Tbsp – Black pepper, ground
- Select good quality raw materials.
- Measure and weigh all the ingredients
- Mix the curing ingredients continuously.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix until well blended
- Cure at room temperature for 8-10 hours or refrigeration temperature for 1 day
- Wrap in paperlyne or cut wrap (2 T per piece)
- Pack in polyethylene bag 1/4 kg. (should have six pieces of skinless longanisa)
- Store in freezer for 1 day only
- Polyethylene bags: Size – 4″ x 8″ ; Thickness – 0.003
- Styrofoam, rectangular in shape with cling on top
You can buy all meat processing ingredients at:
Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center
Nutrition Foundation of the Philippines Bldg.
#107 E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Quezon City
Tel: 411-1349; 742-0826; 742-7866
Email: [email protected]