Banana is the only fruit that never gives babies allergic reaction. Bananas are perfect food to eat. This is healthy, saturating food. The very nature provided them with a convenient “packaging” – peel.
For every kilo of banana peelings (cavendish or saba), add:
- 12 tbsp sugar
- 9 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sodium benzoate
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and slice the banana peelings into small pieces. Remove fibers.
- Dip in boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water, mash well, strain in muslin cloth.
- Add the sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Cook in a casserole with cover for 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar syrup with flavoring and continue stirring until thick.
- Add 1/4 tsp sodium benzoate.
- Transfer in clean bottles, cover tightly.
- Boil for 15 minutes in water, cool.
source: mis.dost.gov.ph, momsinablog.com