Ingredients: (per 8-oz Glass Jar pr 211 X 300 can)
- bangus, dressed 170-180 grams
- 2% brine
- weighing scale
- plastic trays
- dial thermometer
- chopping board
- heavy duty gas stove
- pressure cooker – All American Standard
- Scale the fish and remove the head, tail and internal organs.
- Wash the fish thoroughly to remove blood and dirt.
- Drain and cut transversely to fit the size of the can (scrape off the remaining blood and entrails).
- Soak in 15% brine for 20 minutes. Drain.
- Fill into cans/bottles and add 2% brine leaving 1/6 to 1/4 inch headspace.
- Exhaust by heating the filled cans by steam or over boiling water to an internal temperature of 85° C and seal.
- Process at 15-psi for 90 minutes in cans, 10-psi for 120 min. in bottles.
- Cool and, wash cans to remove grease and grime.
- Dry and label.
For more information, contact:
Industrial Technology Development Institute
DOST Compound, Gen. Santos Ave.,
Bicutan, Taguig City
Tel Nos.: (02) 837-2071 to 82 locs 2182, 2218, 2180;
Telefax Nos.: (02) 837-3167/6150/6156