- 3 kg balimbing (regular size)
- 4 tsp. lime or apog (dissolved in 8 cups water)
- 2 kg brown sugar
- 3 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 pc. bay leaf
- 1 tsp. calamansi juice
- Prepare the fruit by removing the sharp edges.
- Prick the middle part of the fruit.
- Soak in lime solution for 12 hrs.
- Wash thoroughly.
- Mix other ingredients and cook without stirring until the fruit becomes dark brown.
- Soak overnight in syrup. Drain.
- Dry under the heat of the sun. Oven can be used in drying at 70 °C until it become tough.
sources: bpi.da.gov.ph, stuartxchange.org, asenso.typepad.com, foodrecap.net