- Pare the pummelo very thinly. Cut lengthwise into equal parts. Carve decorations in the peels if desired.
- Squeeze them with salt until soft.
- Wash the peel very well to remove most of the salt, changing the water as often as possible.
- Soak overnight.
- Cook the peels with calamansi juice (60 ml juice for every liter of water) until the green color set in.
- Wash and soak them again in water for two days, changing the water often until bitter taste is removed.
- Boil the paste until soft.
- Cook them in syrup made up of two parts sugar and one part water for 15 minutes.
- Soak them in the same syrup overnight. Boil the syrup until thick enough but not sugary.
- Pack in preserving jars. Remove air bubbles and refill with syrup.
- Sterilize jars for 25 minutes in boiling water. Seal completely.