- 1 part ripe pineapple
- 1 part water
- 1/4 part sugar
- Fleischmann’s yeast or Red Star yeast
- Peel the pineapple and chop. Measure and add water. (1 part water to every 1 part pineapple).
- Boil until the fruits are soft. Cool and strain.
- Add sugar to the extract (1 part sugar to every 4 parts extract). Stir boil.
- Cool and place in a glass container or demijohn (with cotton plug).
- Inoculate with yeast (1 tablespoon yeast to every 40 liters of the juice).
- Ferment for a month.
- Decant into wine barrels and age for 2 years.
- Clarify with the use of eggwhite (8 eggwhites for every 30 liters of wine).
- Proceed as in the clarification of banana wine.
- Siphon into sterilized demijonh.
- Filter wine and bottle.
source: FIDA, photo from hayanse.ti-da.net