How to Make Pineapple Preserve
- Weigh rareripe pineapple. Remove the crown. Wash pineapple thoroughly in tap water.
- Soak in chlorinated water (200 ppm) for 10 minutes to reduce microbial load. Drain.
- Peel the fruits and remove the eyes.
- Wash it very well.
- Cut large fruits into desired thickness and shape. Leave the small fruits whole.
- Drop the fruits into boiling syrup (2 parts water: 1 part sugar). Cook it rapidly until translucent.
- Rapid cooking will result in a sparkling product while slow cooking, a dull and discolored product.
- Pack the mixture while it is hot in clean glass jars and seal tightly.
- Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
- Cool, wipe dry, label, and store.