How to Make Pineapple Marmalade for Food Business
- Weigh rareripe pineapple. Wash it thoroughly in tap water.
- Soak in chlorinated water (200 ppm) for 10 minutes to reduce microbial load. Drain.
- Peel the fruits and remove the eyes.
- Wash it thoroughly.
- Slice/Chop the fruit finely.
- Add sugar and previously boiled thin slices of calamansi rind (5 parts fruit: 5 parts sugar: 1 part calamansi rind).
- Add calamansi juice as desired. Mix well and cook it until the jellying point is reached which is determined by the sheeting or flake test. In this test, the marmalade is allowed to drop from the edge of the wooden spoon. The drops run together forming sheets or flakes, which break off in a clean harp manner.
- When done, pack the marmalade in clean glass jars and seal tightly.
- Process it over boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Cool, wipe dry, label, and store.