How to Make Pineapple Jam
- Peel the ripe pineapple and remove the eyes and core.
- Wash, cut into small portions and chop finely.
- To every cup of the chopped pulp, add 3/4 cup sugar.
- Cook to jam consistency.
- Pour in dry bottles while hot.
- Remove air bubbles and half-seal.
- Sterilize 12oz jars for 25 minutes in boiling water. Seal completely.
- Slice the pineapple.
- Add 1 part sugar to 5 parts fruit or in 25° Brix syrup.
- Add ascorbic acid to stabilize flavor.
- Place in plastic bags.
- Store at o°F or below.