How to Make Pineapple Jam for Food Business
- Weigh rareripe pineapple. Wash it thoroughly in tap water.
- Soak in chlorinated water (200 ppm) for 10 minutes to reduce microbial load. Drain.
- Peel the fruits and remove the eyes.
- Wash and chop finely or mash the whole fruit.
- Measure the fruit and mix well with refined sugar (1 part fruit: ¾ to 1 part sugar). If the mixture is too sweet, add calamansi juice as desired.
- Cook gently with constant stirring until thick and of the right consistency.
- Pack the mixture while it is hot in clean glass jars and seal tightly.
- Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
- Cool, wipe dry, label, and store.