How to Make Pineapple Candy
- 1 pineapple (moderate size)
- 4 cups sugar
- chopping board
- measuring cup
- solar drier
- cellophane/plastic bags
- sieve tray
- Peel the pineapple, remove eyes, core and wash.
- Slice into cubes.
- Prepare the syrup, 2 parts sugar to 1 part water.
- Boil the pineapple in the syrup for 20 minutes.
- Soak in syrup overnight.
- Strain and wash well in water.
- Dry in solar drier for 16-20 hours.
- Let cool.
- Roll over sugar and wrap in cellophane.
- Put in plastic bags; seal open end of bag with the flame of a candle.