Store bought peanut butter may be more affordable, but it is also laden with preservatives. Your home cooked version is healthier and comes out more affordable too.
Once you’ve mastered the recipe, there are many things you can make with peanut butter to sell. Like peanut butter ice cream, peanut butter cookies, or even peanut butter candy (also known as peanut brittle).
Start-up capital is P100 for 1 to 2 cups, and time to finish is less than 30 minutes.
- 1 kilo Roasted peanuts, shelled, P43
- 1 & 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1 cup Cooking oil
- Food blender
- Remove the red skin from the peanuts.
- If you want chunky peanut butter, put the peanuts in a food processor or grinder and run the chopped mixture through three or more times until it is the consistency that you like. For creamy style peanut butter, chop up the peanuts in a blender.
- Add about 1 or 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a small amounts and regrind or blend the mixture until the peanut butter is the familiar consistency.
Tip: Home made peanut butter spoils easily, so be sure to store it in an airtight container and keep it refrigerated.
How Much Will You Make
- This recipe will yield about 1 to 2 cups of peanut butter, which you can sell for a markup of 30%.