This peanut-flavored candy is surprisingly easy to make and yields huge portions for so little ingredients.
Market: Sell to school canteens, during school fairs, or as a gifts for those with sweet teeth.
Start-up capital is P300 for 1 kilo of brittle, and time to finish is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cups Granulated sugar
- 2 cups Shelled and roasted peanuts
- 1 cup Light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 1/4 Stick butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Stir until the sugar is entirely moistened, then add the corn syrup and salt.
- Cook the candy over medium-high heat. At this point, add the peanuts and stir to combine. Continue to cook until mixture is vigorously boiling.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, baking soda, and peanut butter. Mix until well-combined, and then pour onto the prepared pan.
- Spread the candy as thin as possible with a spatula or spoon and cool it to dry at room temperature. Once it is entirely cool, break it into small pieces to serve. This yields 10 servings.
- Store the brittle in an airtight container or plastic bag at room temperature.
Tips: Stretch the candy as thin as possible to make a thinner brittle that’s easier to eat. Don’t forget, it takes less than a minute for the mixture to cool, so work fast.
How Much Will You Make
- You can earn between P29 to P60 for every 6 packs of peanut brittle that you sell.