How to Make Pastillas de Saging
- 1 kilo (5 cups) mashed ripe bananas (saba or cavendish)
- 300 gm (2 – 1/4 cups) sugar
- Butter or margarine
- Rolling pin
- Frying pan
- Kitchen knife
- Chopping or kneading board
- Wax paper
- Prepare the mashed bananas as follows: Boil the ripe bananas and peel and slice into 3 cm. thick.
- Grind the sliced bananas until it is mashed, add the sugar and cook over slow fire.
- Stirring should be done constantly until a clear mixture is obtained with the desired consistency. The mixture should not stick to the sides of the frying pan.
- Transfer the mixture over a kneading board covered with wax paper.
- Sprinkle small amounts of sugar over the wax paper.
- Spread the mashed mixture using a rolling pin until it is 1 inch thick.
- Spread butter and small amounts of sugar over the mixture.
- Make slices of about 4 x 1 cm.
- Cool and wrap individually.