The perfect pastillas is dry and crisp outside but soft and moist inside. Not only are they yummy desserts for young and old, but they make great giveaways, party treats, and even as pasalubong for balikbayan friends.
It’s simple to make, but don’t be fooled; just a little of the ingredients can go a long way.
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Big cutting board
- 1 14oz can of condensed milk
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- Sifted confectioner’s sugar
- Wax paper
- Combine condensed milk, powdered milk, and lemon rind in a pan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture forms into ball. Let cool.
- Dust large cutting board with confectioner’s sugar.
- Flatten milk mixture on cutting board with rolling pin until 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 2-1/2″x1/2″ pieces.
- Wrap each piece in wax paper.
Tip: You can make flavored pastillas like ube and chocolate.
source: www.entrepreneur.com.ph, photos by Ocs Alvarez