- Mangoes – ripe and under-ripe
- Sugar – 60% of the weight of prepared mango
- Lemon juice – 2 spoons per kg mango
- Wash and peel the mangoes using a stainless steel knife. Cut into small chunks and weigh. Weigh out the sugar (equal to 60% the weight of mango).
- Add 70% of the weighed out sugar to the mango pieces, plus 2 spoons of lemon juice per kg of mango. Heat the mixture, stirring all the time, until the total solids is 55° Brix as measured by a refractometer.
- Add the remaining 30% of sugar plus 2 spoons lemon juice per kg mango. Heat again. Stir well during heating until the total soluble solids is 67-68° Brix.
- Hot fill the jam into clean sterile jars. The jam should be stirred in the jars to eliminate any air that may have got in. Seal the jars with sterile screw caps.
- Cool to room temperature. Label the jars and store in a cool dry place.
For more information, contact:
BLTD Technology Resource Center
2nd Flr. Jacinta 2 Bldg., EDSA, Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati City
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: (02) 822-5087;
Truckline: (632) 822-54-18 loc. 207, 204 & 201