How to Make Mango Chutney
- 4 cups sliced semi-ripe mangoes
- 1 pc. garlic
- ½ pc. ginger
- 8 pcs. native onions
- 2 pcs. pepper
- 1 small box raisins
- 2 cups vinegar
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. table salt
- stainless knife
- enamel bowl
- measuring cup
- chopping board
- Choose same sizes of mangoes, wash well.
- Peel and divide into two, remove seeds.
- Slice the mangoes lengthwise, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Place in jars, sprinkle with table salt, set aside overnight.
- Drain the mango.
- Boil the vinegar and sugar.
- Add the flavoring spices and heat more for 5 minutes.
- Add the sliced mango, cook until the combined mixtures of sugar, vinegar and other remaining ingredients become thick in consistency.
- Transfer into sterilized jars and cover.
- Cool with cover upside down.