Macaroons are little coconut cup cakes ideal for snacks, dessert, with tea. The main ingredient is dried shredded coconut, either full-fat or low-fat desiccated coconut. To minimize wastage, PDD introduced a new recipe using coconut residue from wet process which is toasted in low fire or dried. The resulting product contains a high percentage of dietary fiber and potassium.
- 2 cup Dried coconut residue
- 2 pcs Eggs, well-beaten
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 can Condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Butter/margarine, melted
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Mix together all ingredients until well blended.
- Pour mixture into paper bake cups. Fill up only to 1/2 full of the paper cup to avoid overflow during baking.
- Place on baking sheet and bake in pre-heated oven (350°C) for 15 to 20 minutes.
Yield is approx. 25 pieces for 2 oz cup, 50 pcs for 1 oz. cup. P403.22/recipe or P4.03/1 oz. piece
For more information, contact:
Product Development Dept., RDE-PCA
4/F PCA Bldg., Elliptical Road, Diliman, Quezon City
Tel. No.: (02) 928-4501 loc 505