A detergent is a kind of soap used for cleaning utensils. Detergent soaps are effective for cleaning utensils made of metal such as spoon, forks and pans. Detergents can be in powder form (powdered detergent). When dissolved, powdered detergents become liquid detergents.
The quantity of the ingredients in the following formula is enough to produce one kilo of liquid detergent. All of these ingredients are available in stores selling chemicals.
||%to total Weight
|table salt or sodium chloride
- graduated cylinder
- stainless steel container and electric mixer
- mixing bowl or small pail
- Using a graduated cylinder, measure 80-130g SLES. Measure also 772-830g water.
- Transfer the SLES to a beaker and add a little water. Stir the SLES very well.
- Add 50g CDEA to the SLES. Mix well with a stirrer.
- Continue stirring the mixture until it becomes creamy. Add water once in a while to prevent the mixture from foaming while stirring.
- Meanwhile, dissolve 30g of STPP in a little amount of water. Mix well and set aside.
- If the CDEA-SLES mixture is already creamy, transfer it to a small pail or a stainless steel container. Add a little amount of water while stirring continuously.
- Transfer the mixture to the mixer then switch on. When the mixture is already foamy, add the dissolved STPP slowly while mixing continuously.
- Dissolve the salt in a little amount of water. Add this ti the mixture, which is being mixed continuously.
- Next, add 5-8ml lemon drops as fragrance.
- Continue mixing until the mixture thickens. Set aside.
- Once thickened, pour the mixture into a clean container and set aside for about 2 hours.
- When there are no more suds, pour the liquid detergent into clean bottles.
- The liquid detergent can be used after 24 hours.
For more info, contact:
DOST Central Office
DOST Bldg. Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig
Telephone: (632) 837-20-71 to 82
Fax: (632) 837-8937