How to Make Kropek from Shrimp Heads
- 1 kilo shrimp heads (blanched)
- 1/2 kilo rice
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. MSG
- pinch of black pepper
- 5 tbsp. limewater (prepared by dissolving 1 tbsp lime in 1 cup water)
- Soak rice in water overnight. Then grind together with the shrimp heads, which were previously blanched. The ground mixture should be very fine.
- Mix salt, vetsin, limewater, and black pepper for flavoring.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pan — an aluminum pie plate can serve the purpose.
- Steam for two or three minutes. Then slice into desired sizes.
- Dry the kropeck under the sun for one to two days until it turns brittle.
- Finally, fry the dried kropeck.