Materials and Equipment
- Small shrimps (alamang) Salt Mortar and pestle
- Polyethylene bags Drying trays Banana leaves
- Plastic bowls
- Remove adhering materials from shrimp. Wash thoroughly by placing them in a woven basket and dipping in clean seawater several times.
- Partially dry the shrimps for one day to lower the moisture content, by spreading them thinly on clean mats or drying racks.
- Add salt to shrimp (2:3) during tracing. Tracing is done by pounding the shrimp-salt mass with mortar and pestle. After mixing, dry the mass for one day.
- Form into round shape or cubes
- Package product in clean banana leaves or in low-density polyethylene bags.
source: Techno-Tulong – www.stii.dost.gov.ph