How to Make Flour from Squash
- Peel and wash the squash (kalabasa) thoroughly. Cut into segments, remove seed cavities.
- Slice into 1 cm x 1 cm size, then soak for about 3 hours in 0.01 percent sodium metabisulfite (1 g sodium metabisulfite/1 L water) to preserve the food material.
- Wash the kalabasa in running water and drain.
- Blanch for 15 minutes in warm water, drain.
- Dry in oven between temperatures 50 – 55°C.
- Grind the dried samples in coffee/mill grinder and sieve repeatedly.
- Pack in plastic bags or in a tightly sealed jar for safe storage.